is because I have two little boys. I used to be fairly particular about the doing of my laundry, now I don't even separate darks and whites. I wish I could vacuum everyday, twice a week would be ideal, once a week would be lucky, but once a month is closer to reality. When I have a moment to myself, my head starts spinning and I get all confused. This is because I have two little boys.
Little baby sleeps well now. He started sleeping through the night last week and has gone between eight and ten hours on different nights, but we're still working on being consistent. He has his naps and feedings during the day well under control. How does Nolan sleep? Ha ha. I just dropped his morning nap and he doesn't know how to handle just one nap a day yet (the truth is, I don't either). This means he sleeps a tremendous amount at night to make up for it. I'm talking fourteen hours. It's kind of funny. My boys just like to sleep. But who doesn't?
I'm not a neglectful mother, but Nolan just got in for his year appointment at his 18 month mark. So he got a million immunizations, most of which I disagree with, and more importantly, he got weighed and measured. Maybe I've mentioned this before, but Nolan has a little issue with weight.
He's healthy and he eats, but he has been off the percentile charts in the negative domain before, so I am always anxious to get him on the scale. The verdict this month??? 21 pounds!! He's huge ....for a 9 month old. Unfortunately, he's 18 months old and still a skinny shrimp. 
He's healthy and he eats, but he has been off the percentile charts in the negative domain before, so I am always anxious to get him on the scale. The verdict this month??? 21 pounds!! He's huge ....for a 9 month old. Unfortunately, he's 18 months old and still a skinny shrimp. 

I've included here pictures from my sister Olivia's birthday. Nolan surprised us all by leaning over and blowing out a few of her candles while we were mid-song. He does practice blowing at home with bubbles, but generally isn't successful because he gets too close and sticks his lips the soapy water. Good thing he didn't get to close when he was blowing out her candles! You will notice a picture of
Noah, Will, and Charlie... for Grandma and Grandpa Borden and also one of my sisters after Olivia's
Recently, my parents' house was sucked into the Webkinz World. Anyone with an elementary age girl knows what Webkinz is. It's scary, that's what it is, but also kind of cute.
Also, the real Lipstick Jungle is downstairs at my parents' house because I have two little sisters (one especially girly one) and that comes with dress up items including make up and hair things and necklaces. Nolan got tangled in the jungle one day and escaped
with a few battle wounds. Oops. Who was supposed to be watching him??We spent a day at the science center in Ithaca last week. It kept Nolan busy and he didn't really notice that he missed his second nap. The highlight of the experience was the water table thingy, complete with a fountain, a thousand rubber duckies, and two slides to send the duckies down. It's a good thing that it was at the end of our tour through the center, because Nolan was perfectly happy to play in the water for the whole day. I think he would have been content to stay there all week or perhaps for the rest of his life.
How did I peel him away without a tantrum, you wonder? I casually mentioned to him that there was a room full of fish, snakes, and turtles. That got his attention and we were on our way, after we changed clothes (the science center had smocks, but they served more to collect water down the sleeves than to repel water) . Nolan has two pet fish, which is a story that needs sharing at a later time, and so he's very interested in all fish. He liked the fish an
d turtles and snakes, to say the least. The snake lady even let him touch one of her snakes and that was beyond awesome in Nolan's book. To say the least, it was one of his more exciting days as of late.
How did I peel him away without a tantrum, you wonder? I casually mentioned to him that there was a room full of fish, snakes, and turtles. That got his attention and we were on our way, after we changed clothes (the science center had smocks, but they served more to collect water down the sleeves than to repel water) . Nolan has two pet fish, which is a story that needs sharing at a later time, and so he's very interested in all fish. He liked the fish an
No comments:
Post a Comment