Pages

8.21.2008

The Bud is 2!








Nolan had his 2nd birthday, Tuesday. His favorite part of the whole experience was blowing out the candles. In fact, every time he sees the left over birthday cake, he yells "blow blow" and then repeatedly leans forward and blows at the cake until I vocally recognize that he wants to blow out his candles again. I gave in yesterday, re-lit his candles, sang him Happy Birthday, and let him blow them out, but just once. We went to the Science Center for his birthday. He liked it so much that he cried, "No no no" as we headed out to the car at the end. Curious George graced us with an appearance on Nolan's cake at his birthday party (thanks to Grandma). After Gerret, George is Nolan's best friend/hero/favorite word, so having him on his cake really made his year. He was so elated to see George there, hanging out on the cake, that he leaned down and kissed him! Nolan received nice presents and cards and was totally wasted at bedtime. He was so exhausted that he woke up two hours late yesterday morning.






It's hard to believe that I've known this special little boy for two years now. He has brought so much laughter and love into our home and continues to do something new and amazing and funny each day. He is such a thoughtful, loving kid. He loves to groove to any kind of a beat (even chintzy ones from Baby's toys) and has some pretty wild dance moves to show off. Nolan is gentle to animals and gets excited about most anything that moves and breathes. The only living thing he isn't gentle with is flies, which he can catch and kill bare handed. Nolan loves all things Grandpa, meaning anything that Grandpas ride on, look at, play with, say, or do and Grandpas themselves. He even loves things that look like they could be Grandpa, like any tractor, truck, motorcycle, or airplane, and he identifies them all as "Bapa". Nolan gives out kisses and hugs like they're candy and he likes to distribute them freely, except to my sister Olivia, which is really a sore point with her at the moment. And he picks me flowers all the time. He knows how to impress a mom and make her putty in his hands. He is so sweet and lovable. I just cannot get enough of this kid.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I can't believe he is 2! Looks like so much fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was appropriate that Curious George was on Nolan's second birthday cake....Dad and I really think Nolan LOOKS like George! I loved seeing him bend over and kiss the CAKE! Mom/Laurie

    ReplyDelete