I can't believe that Gerret was born nine months ago. If it's possible, I think he is the cutest he's ever been. Especially because he has outgrown the high pitched screaming. He is, for the most part, down to two naps a day, so he is now a pretty constant part of my days. I don't mind that so much. Neither does Nolan. We all really love Gerret and feel blessed to have him in our family. He's a fun-loving little kid and he knows how to get what he wants. He is very eager to learn and is always surprising me with the new things he picks up on.
He recently caught on to how Nolan plays with matchbox cars. I heard a little "vvvvv-vvvvv-vvvvv" behind me, similar to the sounds Nolan makes for the cars and turned around to find Gerret sitting there, pushing a car back and forth on the floor, making perfectly adorable car noises.
Last week we went shopping at Lowes where they help every little boy's dream come true by providing car carts. (By the way, if
you are interested in trying to maneuver a bus through Lowes, this could also be every parent's dream.) They were two seaters, complete with two steering wheels, and seat belts. At first, we just put Nolan in, thinking Gerret was too small, but Gerret kept watching Nolan intently, so I finally gave in and strapped him in. He knew exactly what to do. I wish I had had my camera. He had a big goofy grin on his face as he "steered" his way through Lowes. When we were done, Patrick and Nolan unloaded while Gerret stayed in so we could go park the cart. As we drove away, he turned his head to follow Patrick as I pushed him in the opposite direction and when Patrick made eye contact, Gerret got that goofy grin on his face, stretched his hand up above the top of the car, and waved. I started laughing and clapping and Patrick waved back. That excited him so much that he waved again and again. What a smarty pants.
He can crawl, walk along furniture, speak his own special language, do crazy tricks with his tongue, sleep 12 hours at night, drool incredible amounts, elicit a wide variety of responses from his brother, climb, and snuggle. He currently has four teeth, asymmetrically placed in his mouth. What a goober. I just love being his mom (most of the time). Here's to nine months of the Pook!
No comments:
Post a Comment