Pages

12.06.2008

Nolan and His Chores

From Collages
This one deserves a few words. We decided in family council a few weeks ago that Nolan is ready to take on some responsibility. So he is now responsible for rinsing when I wash dishes and holding the dust pan when I sweep. He is very thorough at both jobs. He would be perfectly pleased to do both jobs entirely himself. Usually, he insists upon having his own dish rag so he can scrub any spots I missed. He also decided to do the sweeping when I couldn't help the other day. The dust pan was missing for two days after that. I guess the point I'm trying to get across is that though I am so happy that he is such a good helper and so eager to keep things clean, sometimes it makes my job a little bit harder to help him help me. I guess it's all a part of teaching your children. Another part of it is having to change his clothes a few times a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment