Nolan began his morning by retrieving his dump truck from a snow bank. He requested a paper towel - wiped up some snow- deemed it hopeless- proceeded to tear the paper towel into the smallest possible shreds (even got a little frustrated and almost started crying).
I got an idea.
Use the shreds to make something.
Glue them onto paper or something.
He liked that plan.
I drew sheep. He squirted the glue delicately and stuck the shreds in place.
And all the while talked about baby's birthday tomorrow.
So he signed his name. I helped with that part and then wrote Happy Birthday 'Poopta' (Nolan's cute pronunciation of Pooka) on the top of our birthday sheep card.
They got antsy.
We took a time-out to take off any wet pants. Nolan just in a diaper and white undershirt and Gerret in a brown onesie, we jumped on the bed and repeatedly threw ourselves onto a pile of pillows. And we giggled and tickled.
Then it was time to finish the mopping job.
It is so nice to have a clean floor.
I can't tell you how nice.

With the clean floor beneath us, we ate lunch. Front row seats at a breathtaking bird show. Thank you Boppa. Lunch was and will now forever be way more exciting than it ever has been.
3 Bluejays, 1 tiny brown bird, 1 small black and white bird (it was so beautiful).
---NAP TIME (which I also happen to LOVE)---
Then we had popcorn with Elise. Gerret likes the "Popcorn Popping" song. I sing. He does the hand motions.
The Pookster is 11 months and 31 days old. He figured out how to climb onto the couch and likes to stand up in his high chair. (....Cannot be trusted alone)
And today was like a Friday because PTB doesn't have to work again until next Tuesday!
My friend, Megan, wrote on her blog the other day "I wish I could freeze time and keep my kids the ages they are". I feel like that too.
Today was just perfect.
I can't believe he is already 1. Time sure does fly.
ReplyDelete