Pages

4.09.2010

to make up for the last

This blog thing was almost laid to rest.  That happens more often than you might expect.  This time it felt like it was for real.  At least for a while.  In fact, I had already, in my mind, considered it "laid to rest".


But.... 
Then I remembered how I left it.
A complaint about my precious son!  Terrible.

So this may be somewhat of a temporary resurrection.   I would like to leave this blog on a good note, albeit in the same vein as the last post, just warm blooded instead of cold.

If you know me, you might also know that I idolize Marjorie Pay Hinckley.  I idolize her and I could not put what I hope to convey better than she already has:

There is no such thing as the perfect mother... We just do the best we can with the help of the Lord, and who knows, these children who are struggling to be free may someday rise up and call us blessed.


The trick is to enjoy it.  Don't wish away your days of caring for young children.  This is your great day.  Sometimes we get so caught up in the physical work and trivia (and tantrums) that we forget the big picture.  We forget whose children they really are.

Really, none of us are perfect, mother or not, including me and my three year old.  All we can do is Our Best and expect that everyone we know is doing Their Best.  And then when we disappoint ourselves or someone else disappoints us, we pick ourselves up and try again.  That's what I do.  That's what I hope I will always do.  Especially as a mother.  I don't believe I could ever become something greater than a mother, so I hope to be a good one.  I hope to always pick myself up and try again.

1 comment:

  1. You inspire me. I wonder how many times I have told you this or thought this as I read your blog and have enjoyed your friendship over the past years. Thank you for reminding me of so many important things. You are a wonderful friend, mother, and example! Wish you lived closer -

    ReplyDelete