Pages
8.11.2012
Amish Go Swimming
I had heard that Amish people aren't opposed to cooling off in a body of water; along with that I was told that they hop right in fully clothed. I had yet to verify the information myself, until this week. Patrick, his dad, and I were strolling along a rocky beach on Seneca's shore when who should approach the shore near us, but a group of young adult Amish. The girls hung together and waded right in to their waists, bonnets and aprons still in place. A handful of young men followed suit, while a few hung back on the shore. They laughed together and conversed in their unique dialect. Patrick stealthily pointed his camera in their direction, so here is our documentation of the encounter.
We've lived here for almost two years and experience something Amish every single day, but they are still as curious as ever, and I am still interested as ever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment