Pages
3.12.2013
They Grow, I Groan
I was swept up in the current of a surreal feeling tonight. I was folding boy clothes, little boy clothes, but the clothes weren't feeling so very little as I pulled them from the basket and stretched them long. They seemed much too long for my boys, but I knew they weren't actually.
Nolan's recent growth spurt had me passing size five down to his brother (who aptly filled them) and loading his pants drawer with a mixture of sizes six and seven. He is between the two, a tall boy for being one of the youngest in his grade.
It's hard to fathom their exponential growth. Weren't they just babies? Weren't their little man clothes so cute and small? And tomorrow will I be folding full-grown man clothes for my exponentially growing boys? So it seems.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I was wondering where my pants were. Put your mind at ease, it's not the boys who are growing after all.
ReplyDelete