My Dad and I were sitting side by side, hand in hand yesterday in the hospital. I had just shared some fairly devastating news with him and so we were both just plain crying our eyes out. The pain in that hospital room was palpable by every person present, but mostly it was a tightly woven cord bound around me and my dad. We've become so close through this suffering..
I couldn't let pain fester, though. I knew we must press on, so I offered comfort in the form of truth.
Dad, I said, This life is very hard sometimes, but there is always beauty and goodness to be found even in those times. And there are always good things to come.
That's what I repeat to myself again and again. And then I look around for the beauty and have always been able to find it.
No comments:
Post a Comment