Pages

9.23.2007

Nolan's First Birthday

Nolan's birthday was great. We had a big party for him at Grandma and Grandpa Murray's house with lots of family and friends. Nolan's bedroom has a bug/outdoor critters theme, so we carried it further by decorating for his birthday with bugs. I made the cake, Aunt Olivia made spider brownies (using shoestring licorice for legs), the kids at the party got grilled cheese sandwiches shaped like butterflies, and shishkabobs were served for dinner ("caterpiller kabobs"). Here are some pictures from the big day.


The cake... before and after.




The idea of giving your one-year-old his own piece of cake for his birthday seems silly to me, so I really wasn't planning on a mess. As can be seen, things didn't work out as planned because as soon as the singing stopped, Nolan dug his little sweet fingers into the big sweet cake. I'm sure it wasn't nearly as messy as things would have been if he had his own piece.







1 comment:

  1. Wow! You guys really know how to party. That cake is amazing. Zoe is so jealous!

    ReplyDelete