
We found ourselves in the 'burg for Memorial Day this year. Thus we enjoyed the Fabulous, the Grand, the Splenderific, Annual Trumansburg Memorial Day Parade. Rated one of the "must see" parades of the year, we decided it was not to be missed and even headed to it with an exceptional amount of time to spare. In the back of my mind I was a little fearful that the streets wo

uld be crowded and we wouldn't be able to see well enough (prompted by memories of Provo). We arrived about ten minutes before the parade and (much to my dismay) found Main Street deserted. To bide our time, we took a walk to Grove Cemetery and paid our respects to my great and great great grandparents Kelley and upon returning to our car found ourselves with still more time. So we bought milk shakes then pushed to the front of the crowd (which consisted of my mom and dad) just in time for the start and finish of the parade. That's right folks, the start and finish were

simultaneous. You could watch the entire parade all at once. That's how grandly short it was. Patrick complained about it. "We came all the way out for
that?" "Why even organize a parade?" "I think I blinked and missed it." I just laughed. I guess I wasn't too surprised. After all, I grew up here and I even marched in this particular parade as a Brownie when I was 7. And really, we were only there to support my two fabulous sisters who were the main attraction (which is

easy to be when there are only three attractions total). I guess next year I'll be attending this wonderous event minus the company of Patrick. I just don't understand how he can be so accepting of Ovid's BIG M and yet so bitterly disappointed in the T-burg Memorial Day Parade.
Lindsay,
ReplyDeletePersonally the parade sounded great! Patrick just doesn't remember the rude crowds, nonexistent clothing on the crowds and the sheer crush of the crowds at our Lilac Parade. After going this past Spring to view the Lilac parade, the Trumansburg parade sounded heavenly.
Grandma Mitchell