Pages

6.12.2008

Aging


I guess we all do it, but it becomes more obvious to everyone, including yourself, when you start racking up the bigger numbers. Such as 24. I turned 24 last week and I'm feeling it. Maybe I'm feeling the being a mom of two little boys/living out of a suitcase/amidst construction/not having a home more than the consequences of aging, but whatever it is, I'm plagued by sleepy symptoms.

My birthday was nice. We spent most of it constructing, but I still thought it was nice because my boy stayed home from work especially for me. We did take a break to hike up Taughannock Gorge. Unfortunately, we didn't make it to the waterfall before we had to make an emergency turn around for Gerret who was looking a little more than sleepy (he fell asleep on the five minute car ride back home). Despite the brevity of our hike, I thoroughly enjoyed being outside in beautiful weather, at a beautiful place, with my three favorite boys.

Later that evening, we took another break for a special birthday dinner followed by some Red Neck Golf and a ride in the paddle boat. And so ended my birthday. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment