Pages

10.09.2008

Gerret the Standing Kid


Some people feel to complain when they have one of those jobs that requires them to stand for long periods of time. Many of their other problems will somehow hinge on the fact that they spend so much time standing. Some will even buy special shoes for the experience.


I've recently been thinking about said jobs because I spend a lot of time with a kid who would love nothing more than to stand all day long. All of his problems hinge on the fact that his time spent standing is interrupted by naps and snacks. He would prefer standing anywhere, anytime, wearing any type of shoes, or not wearing shoes at all. He will try using anything he can grab to pull himself up. When a method fails, he wails in frustration. He wants to stand on the couch, by the couch, in the tub, by the tub, on my lap, and on Nolan's lap. He likes to stand and walk around. He likes to stand and just look around. It doesn't matter what he needs to stand for or if there is even a reason for standing, he is just happy doing it. And it is so cute and so hilarious. I just love this standing kid! (Just a side note: it is cute and hilarious when he stands in the tub, but it is also dangerous and I strongly discourage it.)

2 comments:

  1. oh...what fun! how many teeth does gerret have? tyler's practically walking now. did you see the video clip on my blog?

    ReplyDelete