but the aisles were so crowded with people that I couldn't make out the food on the shelves. That was a bit distracting, especially because shoppping with my two creatures is generally distracting enough. Add 2,000 or so fellow costumers and well, lets just say I started to forget where I was. I kept thinking, how will I make it to the door and still have these two boys in tow? My subconcious was repeating: milk, roast, lettuce, bread.
When I got up this morning, things looked great. I was planning to go to the grocery store and make a trip to the co-op to pick up vegetables for my mom sometime before noon. I wasn't in a rush. Then the school sent out automated calls letting us know that school would close at 11:30. Early Dismissal. Those make my days oh so joyful. The sky was due to dump a ton of snow sometime after 11:30. Considering this news, I thought it would be smart to make my run to the store and farm A.S.A.P (even though I deemed the extremity of the forcast fairly unlikely). So we loaded up. Apparently, the rest of the town had a similar idea. There is only one grocery store in Trumansburg. So, there I was, with the rest of the town, trying to rise triumphant over the jigsaw puzzle formerly known as the Shur Save. I made it out with our four items and my two boys in a mere 55 minutes, just as the sky let loose.
Hey there. I can't view the relief society blog. My email is dianaymurray@gmail.com
ReplyDelete