Truth be told, I love family history. And I currently live in a prime location for the doing of it. So I've been doing it. And suddenly the weather started cooperating and my boys are old enough to keep their cool in the cool for extended periods of time. So, we took our first trip of the year to the local cemetery. Thankfully, my youngest sister accompanied us and graciously pushed a stroller while I tried to decipher a map (which marked roads that no longer exist..... confusing). I have lots and lots and lots of ancestors in this particular cemetery, so we visited just a few before a stinky smell called our attention to a full diaper and we had to evacuate emergency style. I'm organizing my notes and working with a map (yes that map..... confusing) to direct a grand tour of the Grove Cemetery (for my family and my parents' family and if you wanna come, you can too, but I don't know how interesting other people's ancestors are to me, so I won't be sad if you aren't interested). In other words, you may hear more about this in the future, but it's for my own entertainment, so don't worry if you don't care at all.
I had a lot of fun that day my lady. It sure is bright to be out and about with you. But to quote Bert, "When the day is gray and ordinary, [Lindsay] makes the sun shine bright"
ReplyDeleteWhen Taylor and I were visiting here to see if we wanted to go to Cornell, we were looking at a duplex right across the road form this cemetery. We walked around the cemetery for hours. It was great. So interesting to read all the dates and peoples names. I actually feel peaceful in cemeteries.
ReplyDelete