Pages

3.19.2009

The Ice is Melting

I shouldn't say this out loud, but it seems that Spring is making its way.  We are so happy.  Relieved is a better word.  Similar to last March, I'm left wondering how we survived an entire season spent indoors.  PTB tells me that next winter will be better because both boys will be old enough to really enjoy playing in the snow.  I won't hold my breath.  In fact, I don't even want to think about Winter until October when it will inevitably snow in time for Halloween.  Heaven help us.

Nolan picked up right where he left off.  Riding bikes. Digging in mud.  Sending cars down the slide.  Taking mother-drawn wagon rides.  Trampoline jumping.  He was born for the outdoors.  A real professional.  Most of this is new and exciting to Gerret, as he wasn't as mobile back when Winter knocked on our door.  

These boys like to play.  It is so interesting to watch their stages of development interact.  Nolan has an incredible imagination.  Gerret is incredibly curious.  Nolan can make the most simple object come to life as he pretends it is who knows what (I'm not usually quite sure).  So then Mr. Curious demands the object (he can be demanding) and upon receiving it, displays a genuinely puzzled expression. He hasn't realized yet that these things don't fly around making sound effects on their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment