Pages

8.13.2009

Back from the Desert

Today is our second day home from Spokane. Here to welcome us: 96% humidity. My grandpa came over today and made the comment that it might as well be raining. Amen. It feels like we're living in a cloud. A very warm one. The air is so heavy and damp that I think I'm soaked in sweat, but I can't tell for sure.

When I lived in Utah, I used to think it was so silly and almost ridiculous that everyone religiously watered their grass. I haven't changed my mind on that one, but I am willing to admit that it is equally absurd the way we religiously run a dehumidifier inside to keep our carpets and bedding dry. We pull about 5 gallons of water from our air each day. Ridiculous.

I'm here to say that we're back from the desert and missing it.

1 comment:

  1. You can come visit me in the desert anytime you like!!!! We have no humidity and water our lawn everyday - we even run humidifiers in our boys room at night come the "cold/flu" season. Let me know if you need a bed to stay in - you are always welcome!!!!

    ReplyDelete