Pages

8.26.2009

Mount Spokane

You can drive the switch-backs all the way to the top -a harrowing experience. The top offers some gorgeous views and the serenity of being further from the earth and closer to heaven.

This time around, we were joined by my dear old friend Ronelle (not that she's old -just our friendship is old) and her boy, Steven. Steven was even willing to make that distressing drive, though I'm pretty sure those switch-backs are much more traumatic as a passenger. When we got to the top, we were in the clouds. It's always fun to be in a cloud, but I get such an experience almost daily in NY, so I would have preferred to see the gorgeous view. We saw a few trees and played in the little ski cabin and despite being in a cloud, enjoyed our time on Mt. Spokane.

1 comment:

  1. looks like a fun place to visit, especially w/ friends. i see you in that last picture holding a nice camera. what kind of camera is it?

    ReplyDelete