We stayed up all night and into the early hours of this morning, PTB and I. Today was the Leonid Meteor Shower and we were determined not to miss it. We hunkered down in sleeping bags in the pitch-black yard and looked to the heavens. The dark, starlit sky was enough, on its own, to take my breath away, but then there was the show --full of the kind of splendor and magnificence that only nature and nature's God can manifest. I wish I could have (or would have) tried to digitally capture these streaks of light darting across an absolutely gorgeous and indescribably complex backdrop. It was an image that my mind will pull up and contemplate throughout the rest of my life. I really cannot put into words the feelings of my heart or the ideas that sink deep into my mind when I lay so still and quiet under a dark night sky --especially this morning. Wow.
"The contemplation of celestial things will make a man both speak and think more sublimely and magnificently when he descends to human affairs." -Cicero
No comments:
Post a Comment