Pages

5.20.2010

continuing on

My kitchen table
Love... brother style
the two lollipop clutch

There are good, beautiful things.  There is always something bright, even in the midst of the darkest day or week or.... (heaven only knows how long this darkness will press on).


At least a little bright.

It's almost more difficult to reconcile myself with the light than with dark.  After those bright, shining moments pass; after I have laughed a good laugh, or smelled the sweet bouquet on my kitchen table, I am left to wonder how life just continues on.

Work to do, boy giggles, hummingbird buzzes, new blooms, meals to cook, laundry to wash, plans to be made and fulfilled.

I drift through it all; I even enjoy the bright moments, but a persistent heaviness looms.  A persistent emptiness encroaches.  I trust that eventually this will lift and be available only for occasional visits, that  sometime it won't be so persistent.  --I cannot reconcile this understanding either.

1 comment:

  1. Lindsey, I am so very sorry for the sudden loss of your beloved Grandpa. I will be thinking of you and your family and praying that peace will come soon.

    ReplyDelete