Pages
5.30.2010
May's Sunset
My heart is scattered on the floor of May.
If I were to sweep it up, I wouldn't know where to store it.
What a month it's been.
And now as I leave it behind, I have indelible impressions stitched on my memory.
I hold to a bit of grief like a security blanket, though it is not at all secure.
At the same time, I feel a bit more compassionate, I love a little deeper, and I appreciate life a little more.
I clearly understand that the relationships we foster are worth more than anything else.
Farewell May,
You broke my heart and taught me some of life's signal lessons. No thanks are in order here.
I am sure we will continue to visit and you will continue to teach me and remind me of those heart pieces strewn across your floor.
Good Morning June,
Can I look forward to something better?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment