Eleven weeks!
I have list upon list in my head. Things To Do. You know, the kind of things to do that are more fantasy than anything, the kind that I would never seriously write down.
If I had a summer vacation, on the other hand, I would write down every To-Do in the Universe and then work tirelessly for eleven weeks to accomplish. Yes, I just said that: If I had a summer vacation, I would work! Call me old.
This could explain why no one will give me a summer vacation. I wouldn't use it properly. I wouldn't float from one semi-engaging activity to the next. I would be fully engaged! Totally invested! Enthusiatic to squeeze every minute for the chores it's worth!
In stark contrast to my manic to-do list spewing, workaholic tendencies, here you will observe my 11 year-old sister and an example of proper use of summer vacation:
She looks like the girl from Stripes. i love you and think that any vacation is wasted if it's not squeezed for every last drop of usefulness. i'm with you, we should vacation together sometime.
ReplyDeleteAll I can say is..."Where the heck was I when my 11 year
ReplyDeleteold was painting herself?!!!"
Reminds of the time a certain other daughter gave herself a bad case of marker-induced chicken pox!(Lindsay) and the youngest daughter painted her upperlip green, ble, red (hard to keep all those colors straight since it happened so often!) I have artisitc girls. What can I say. Mom