Pages

3.20.2011

48 degrees at 4:46 and I'm gonna sing

If I take a picture of crocuses every year (I do), it's because I just can't help it.  My first glimpse of these flowers sends me reeling; stumbling back inside for a camera (heaven help the batteries to be charged). My anticipation for Spring cannot be contained.  A new breath of life courses through my body.  I'm sure my boys feel it, too.  We shed our winter jackets and stay outside all day long.  
No naps.  
No food.  
No bathroom breaks.  
Just play.  
Just us, the mud, and the sunshine.  Here we are in Paradise.   

I know it will snow a few more times, but I've already bid Winter an emphatic adieu.  

1 comment:

  1. I don't blame you one bit! I saw my first Robin at the bank in the parking lot, and actually whipped out my phone to try to get a picture! Seems like after the winter, these little signs give us hope. I will miss my own garden, yard, flowers this spring.

    ReplyDelete