We have lived in what we affectionately refer to as "the middle of nowhere" for nearly four months now and have not in that time had an Internet connection (except for the iPhone). I expect we will get to the task of connecting ourselves... eventually... but it simply has not been a priority.
The truth is, it's been nice. It's been quiet, private, and a chance to contemplate what I'm doing and what I'd really like to be doing. It's also given my mind time and space to run wild with curiosity about the Amish.
The truth is also that blog posting with my thumbs on a tiny touch screen is strenuous, even if this Mac product is skilled at autofilling. A couple of months ago, I checked on the old blog from my parents' house and was a little surprised by the poor resolutioned pictures I had publicized. I didn't expect photos from the iPhone to be fabulous, but I didn't think they'd be as awful as they turned out to be. That was the last time I associated with my blog or with you (hello? Anyone there?) until I was reminded of all of this today and felt a pang of something. Guilt? Sadness? Longing? Duty? I'm not sure what, but I obeyed it. As a result, here I am, my thumbs and I, to say:
All is as it should be in the Mitchell household. We're still alive and love life.
Well, I for one am glad to hear that you guys are doing well. I love following your blog and your little family. Now I guess that I need to get on my blog and update it as well. *sigh*.
ReplyDeleteI am SO glad you updated. I have been thinking about you lately...glad you hear you are doing well. I have to admit I am a bit jealous of the time you have away from the craziness of technology, etc....coming to visit AZ any time soon??
ReplyDeleteglad you guys are surviving in the wild and that a man with hooks for hands hasn't come tapping on your windows! i'm still waiting to see pictures of your cute little country home!
ReplyDelete