Maybe we should have named him Samson. The strength of this tiny infant has been wondrous to behold and somewhat of a challenge as well. We've never had a baby be so difficult to keep swaddled. We've tried regular homemade square blankets, large muslin swaddle blankets, velcro swaddlers, zip-up swaddlers and this kid could escape from them all. We've finally found a solution which is a combination of a few techniques and leans heavily on a trick from a you-tube video found after googling "how to swaddle a Houdini baby".
The doctor who performed Sam's circumcision said he'd never had a baby break free of the leg brace either until Sam came along.
He is a brick. Not with rolls or much chub, but his build is very solid. He is very observant and inquisitive, too. It helps that he's been able to hold his head up and turn it since the very beginning.
Speaking of Samson, this one is bald. He was losing his hair on the top, so I buzzed the little he had left off. Didn't have an effect on his strength as far as I can tell.
When Gerret raked a big pile of leaves last week, he was quick to come in and get Sam so that they could lay in the pile together. Sam kind of fell asleep, but that image of two brothers in a pile of leaves is one I will cherish as long as I live.
Last night Gerret chose the song we'd sing before bed. He chose "I'm so glad that Sammy is born" in place of "Daddy Comes Home" . And truly we are so glad to have had him here this past month. What a joy it's been.
We love this little boy. He gets held and kissed all the time. He is snuggly and smiley. His brothers and sister all adore him. He's a lucky little guy to have them. I'm a lucky little mom to have them. He's the cherry on top.
No comments:
Post a Comment