Pages

11.07.2007

Adventures in the Out of Doors

It's that time of year for goose travel and Nolan just loves it. Whenever he hears a flock honking as they pass by, he looks up and begins searching the sky and boy howdy does his face light up when he spots them. It's great. Many homes around my parents have ponds, but only one is known as the Canadian Goose pit stop. This particular pond is down the road from my parents and it is a huge understatement to say that it attracts hoards of geese. It is actually pretty remarkable to experience this pond during migration season. My parents have a pond and my mom told me that she used to be jealous of this other pond because it got all the geese, but she has since realized that lots of geese leave lots of unwanted presents. Anyhow, because Nolan enjoys them so much in the air, I thought one day that he might like to see them at the pond, so Patrick and I took him for a walk down the road (which is not quite the same as our sidewalk walking experiences in Provo, but that's a story on its own).






Here is Nolan's newest sweet ride which he was given for his birthday from Aunt Pat, Uncle Aaron & family. He really loves it and has mastered keeping his feet on the footrests so they don't drag. We're still working on the steering which is non existant so far. Today we had our first snow, so I think sweet ride is banished to the garage for the season. Come Spring, I'm expecting some awesome bmx type moves like a seatgrab, icepick grind, or a wallride. At the very least, I'm hoping his feet will reach the real pedals and he'll get a handle on steering.



Um... I'm a bit slow when it comes to blogging and haven't ever put video on, so here's a first. I think it should explain itself.




No comments:

Post a Comment