Pages

11.15.2007

Ultrasound

Today was the big day... finally. I'm 32 weeks so it's past time to know this baby's gender (that's the only reason people get ultrasounds, right?) Patrick had to work, so my mom came with me instead. I, however, turned my head when the lady was about show the "blue or pink" picture. I didn't want to find out before Patrick, so only my mom knew for about two hours. I was just going to wait until this evening when work was over to look at the printed pictures, but my mom couldn't stand being the only one holding a big huge secret, so she stopped at the credit union on the way home so I could run in and look at the pictures with Patrick. And the verdict is... Nolan will have a little brother in January. I hate to say "I knew it", but I really did. So did my sister, Elise. I think she said she thought it was a boy because she was truthfully hoping for a girl , but she was still right. When I learned that Nolan would be a boy, I was kind of nervous because all of my baby experience was with girls, but things have gone well so far and I really enjoy being the mom of a little boy. Now I'm all practiced up for a second one... as long as he is just like Nolan... We now have four glamorous shots of our little baby, but you can all use your imaginations with this one since most ultrasound pictures seem to be equally illegible and I'm never sure how anyone can look at them and say things like, "oh he looks just like his dad!" or "wow, what a cutie". It's hard enough to discern whether you're looking at a foot or the face.
The important thing is that this baby boy seems to be healthy and have all the necessary parts and they all work the way they should. His estimated weight is 4.5 lbs. Not bad. So maybe if I have him in say 6 weeks, I won't have to deal with an 8 lbs baby, if not, yikes! For the record, I was my mom's first baby and I was a whopping 8 lbs 10 oz when I was born -only to be beat two years later by my "little" brother, Jordan, who weighed in at 10 lbs. 9 oz. So now we can all understand why I might be a bit nervous about size. Anyway, I expect things to go fast now with the holidays and all that jazz.

2 comments:

  1. So Exciting! I'm glad you finally got your ultrasound. Thought of any names yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey girl~ that's good news! I expect Nolan will love his brother~ as of me, I don't find out for another 3 weeks or so. My 'big' ultrasound is scheduled for December 7th~ I'm a little nervous... I think it's gonna be a girl, but I'm really hoping I'm wrong. I don't know~ for some reason I think little boys are easier to handle than little girls... anyway, good luck with everything~

    ReplyDelete