Pages

4.23.2009

Brotherly Love

Generally, I am the only one who sleeps in around here and that only happens on weekends when PTB doesn't work.

But for some reason, Gerret has determined to change things up and has slept in every day this week. I don't know if it's because he's sick or teething or growth spurting or if playing outside is really that exhausting. Whatever the reason, he's been sleeping 'til 9 every morning. And Nolan, who wakes up around 7
and can hardly stand a moment without his brother,
immediately asks for Pooka and continues to inquire every twenty or so minutes until Pooka debuts. This morning was no different, except at 9 when Gerret still had not even stirred (after breakfast, we played blocks loudly in the room directly under Gerret's to send him a hint-but the hint was not received) Nolan decided he had had enough. He announced that he would go upstairs to get Baby Pooka, to which I replied, "Please don't wake up your brother". I made my plea in vain, because mid-phrase I could already hear Nolan running down the upstairs hallway on his way to Gerret's door, which he tore through, promptly shouting, "WAKE UP BABY!!!"
It's a good thing Gerret is always happy to see Nolan, because I, for one, would not answer kindly to such a rude awakening.

No comments:

Post a Comment