Pages

12.01.2009

Brothers Extraordinaire


Nolan and Gerret, November 2009

They make for a pretty phenomenal pair of brothers.  Yes, they have their moments of grabbing and tattling, crying and complaining about the other, but their days are mostly full of sharing and hugging, sitting side by side and audibly adoring one another.

One Small Example:

I am sitting on the bench at our kitchen table, eating lunch with my two sons.  I am seated on the end with Nolan squished between Gerret and me.  As we are finishing up, Nolan turns to me and says, "Momma, will you get another baby?"  He asks that quite often.
"Yeah, maybe someday."
"From the hospital?"
I assure him that if we get another baby, it would come from the hospital (not K-mart or Wegmans).
With this assurance, Nolan turns to look at his brother and asks, "This baby came from the hospital?"
"Yep, he did."
Nolan continues to study his brother who is nonchalantly eating his lunch.  Then Nolan reaches out his hand and pats the top of Gerret's head.  With a tone laden with fondness and adoration says, "I really love him."

Moments like this melt my heart.

5 comments:

  1. Although if babies did come from Wegmans they would probably be the best babies ever since Wegmans is the best store ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. They would be high quality coming from Wegmans, though if your child was a blue light special from K-mart, you could probably use it as leverage later on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is adorable and yep, those two are one extraordinary pair! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a cute story... one for the baby books ;)

    ReplyDelete