(This image is a reminder that Spring will come. It WILL come. It will.)
The Lessingers live down the road toward town. I don't know them personally, but I am personally acquainted with their artwork --not that the Lessingers are artists by profession. They are both physicians who practice their medicine right here in the Burg. If I didn't already know this about them, you could easily convince me that the Mr. spent years in a school for artists. Because he can create. Boy, can he create. I don't know what the inside of their home looks like, but every winter the outside is graced by large, intricate, professional looking snow sculptures. These sculptures are amazing, beautiful, smart, sometimes hilarious --the image always lasting. Except, they don't last. They melt. Then, when it snows again, he builds a new sculpture. And never the same one. They are all so varied.
A fun game to play during the Burg's (oh so very, very long) Winter is: What sculpture will the Lessingers build next?
Here's the most recent:
(taken with the phone, please excuse me)



No comments:
Post a Comment