Pages

9.23.2010

Round 2: Smiles and High Fives All Around

This was the routine when we potty trained my firstborn son:

I pondered, planned and purchased (treats),
I worried, wondered and waited (for a miracle),
I researched, rallied, and rinsed (soiled clothing) .

It was an ordeal.  It was a production.  It was a success, but it was hard work.

By default, we are pioneering a new approach with my second boy.  It's the Do-Nothing approach.  I say by default, because with the way things have been going this year, potty training was simply the last thing on my mind ... until one day, not long ago, when my little Pook asked to use the potty because he was suddenly very interested in underwear.  And that was all it took --a smashing success (give or take a few accidents).

1 comment:

  1. That's so funny! The "Do Nothing Method". That's the life of the youngest, they get lost in the wash of the oldest one who is speeding up the lake like a runaway boat. Little ones just hang on and finally decide they had better figure things out for themselves. he is such a capable little guy. Gosh if he can DRIVE A CAR so fearlessly, he probalby figured potty training was a piece of cake! That reminds me.....The reason i am even on your blog today is because I thought I'd enjoy a good laugh by watching that driving video of Gerret again! I never get sick of that one....he is so, so hilarious and joyous. Grandma/repeat Mama Laurie

    ReplyDelete