What is an eight month old Auburn capable of?
She is a steady sitter and is trying to figure out how to move out of the sitting position gracefully. So far it's typically a meaningful, but awkward face-plant as she bends all the way forward, stretching until her legs pop out the back and her nose smacks the floor.
She's capable of rolling everywhere, but senses the inaccuracy and inefficiency of sidewards movement. Hence, her fascination the past few days in forward motions. She moves something like a lunatic inch worm. This method of transport also causes her nose to become well acquainted with the floor and not very gently. So far, no nose bleeds, but sometimes I'm quite surprised by this.
Her legs are able to bear her own weight now and she loves to stand holding onto things. She cannot pull herself into a standing position, however, so she is dependent on us to help her.
Auburn eats a lot. Once we moved beyond rice cereal, she became a voracious consumer. Her favorites seem to be sweet potatoes, yellow squash, and bananas.
She is becoming more adept at napping through her brothers' noise. Two naps are standard with a third, short rest in the evening. She sleeps consistently at night between 8pm and 7am.
Articulations these days include single syllables using every variety of consonant combined mostly with "ahh". Mamamama and bababababa are her favorites. She understands and responds to her name and "no". She becomes quite articulate when music is playing or when she hears other people conversing.
* * * * * * * * * * * *
She rules the roost, this Babyruth. She has her brothers groveling at her feet and her dad wrapped around her tiny fingers. I'm completely, head-over-heels, in love, love, love. She is a dream. Happy. Gregarious. Charming. Funny. Curious. Bright-eyed. Smiley. Warm. Contemplative. Cuddly. She has the effect of glue in our family, binding us closer together. It's amazing how one spirit in a tiny body can do this and in just a handful of months.
I am pretty big, so I think I'm more wrapped around a couple of her larger fingers. P.S. I think you write very much goodlier.
ReplyDelete