Lindsay and Ronelle. June 2002.
That was me ten years ago (10! I can't believe it!), looking into a foreign future, walking out of Charles O. Dickerson for the last time, preparing to leave not just my parents' home, but the state, this side of the country, a culture, and everything that had ever been familiar. When they handed me a diploma, I was already poised to leap.
Leap I did.
5 years in Utah. 5 years in NY. 2,000 miles from East to West and West to East, 6 times. 4 roommates. Lots of great new friends. 1 Dear John. Married at 20. Changed major 3 times. 4 semesters of Russian. Interned teaching 1 term at BYU's English Language Center. 1 BA in Linguistics. 4 years serving as YW president. Moved 8 times. 1 garage sale. 5 cars. Bought 1 house. Said goodbye to 2 grandpas. Saw 1 brother married. Had 3 kids. 4 cats. 1 dog. 12 chickens.
It's been ten years worth every minute. I have such good memories of where I've been and what I've experienced. I love where I am now and who I am with. It has been a very full and rewarding journey, not without a hitch or two, not without some unexpected turns, but also not without something more to appreciate as a result.
Leap I did.
5 years in Utah. 5 years in NY. 2,000 miles from East to West and West to East, 6 times. 4 roommates. Lots of great new friends. 1 Dear John. Married at 20. Changed major 3 times. 4 semesters of Russian. Interned teaching 1 term at BYU's English Language Center. 1 BA in Linguistics. 4 years serving as YW president. Moved 8 times. 1 garage sale. 5 cars. Bought 1 house. Said goodbye to 2 grandpas. Saw 1 brother married. Had 3 kids. 4 cats. 1 dog. 12 chickens.
It's been ten years worth every minute. I have such good memories of where I've been and what I've experienced. I love where I am now and who I am with. It has been a very full and rewarding journey, not without a hitch or two, not without some unexpected turns, but also not without something more to appreciate as a result.
i remember my hair being longer than that back then. weird. i too have moved 8 times! been in utah 10 years, i've had 9 roommates, 2 cars, bought 1 house, 2 brothers married, 2 nieces, 3 nephews, lost 1 grandma, had 1 grandma baptized, almost 2 kids, 1 cat, 2 semesters german, 3 semesters french, 3 majors and 0 degrees, 5 jobs or 6 if you include motherhood. Hit 1 deer and that was with you almost 2 years ago!
ReplyDeleteI had one grandma baptized too! I think it's more accurate to say that deer hit us... We've racked up $1k in deductibles thanks to deer in the past five years. Ad lastly.... I remember your hair being a lot longer than that too.
ReplyDelete