Crazy.
That means soon I'll be 25.
I remember turning 8 like it was yesterday.
That was 17 years ago.
Sometimes my youthful sister makes me feel youthful.
Most of the time she just makes me feel old.
(Except last week she flattered me by being surprised that I was "so old" because she assumed I was only "18 or 20".)
Speaking of assumptions... a most disturbing conversation last night at Young Women's:
T (girl): How old are you?
Big L (me): 24
T: REALLY!!!???!!!
Big L: Yeah really. Why? How old did you think I was?
T: I don't know. Like 40 or something.
40??? Are you kidding me? I really don't even have words to describe my astonishment and horror. So, I'll just leave it at that.
Now I need to go explain to my 2 year old that he still has 5 1/2 years to wait before he can be baptized. It'll be hard for him to accept. He's pretty wound up about the whole baptism thing. How will I handle Nolan's disappointment when Elise can drive many years before him? Maybe he'll get used to 5 1/2 years of anticipation for every significant event.
Just remember all the women at the conference thing who was asking you who your leader was and not thinking you were the leader. So a 15 year old you seem 40 but to a 40 year old, you seem 15. It all evens out!
ReplyDelete40! I just peed my pants from laughter. Okay so I'll just say, consider who said it. I've been feeling old lately too. But, at least I know who not to talk to about it. (T) LOL
ReplyDelete