We were picking blackberries today, my boys, my pink sister, and I. As I reached into the depths of the bush (where black treasures were plentiful), something cold hit the back of my hand. Assuming it was a leaf or a bug flying by, I didn't even look; just went on picking, but as I carried out a handful of berries, I noticed the intruder was still stuck to my hand. A tree frog! An orange one at that. Every tree frog I've ever happened upon in my 25 years on earth has been bright green. Still awesome and small and sticky, but green, not orange like this little friend. He was so cool and he was totally comfortable hanging out on my hand as I walked to the house to grab my camera. He was even happy to stick to Gerret's hand and climb his arm, which elicited smiles and giggles. Nolan refrained from getting too close, claiming that he didn't want to get peed on. Who can blame him? I got peed on twice.
Pages
9.15.2009
Blackberries and a Frog
We were picking blackberries today, my boys, my pink sister, and I. As I reached into the depths of the bush (where black treasures were plentiful), something cold hit the back of my hand. Assuming it was a leaf or a bug flying by, I didn't even look; just went on picking, but as I carried out a handful of berries, I noticed the intruder was still stuck to my hand. A tree frog! An orange one at that. Every tree frog I've ever happened upon in my 25 years on earth has been bright green. Still awesome and small and sticky, but green, not orange like this little friend. He was so cool and he was totally comfortable hanging out on my hand as I walked to the house to grab my camera. He was even happy to stick to Gerret's hand and climb his arm, which elicited smiles and giggles. Nolan refrained from getting too close, claiming that he didn't want to get peed on. Who can blame him? I got peed on twice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Very cool frog!!!!! You are such a cool mom -
ReplyDelete