Though New York seems to think Summer means 70 and raining --every day for four months straight, we're still going to miss it, because Fall and Winter promise to be a lot colder than 70. So, to take advantage of what could be the last of "swimming weather" (if you like to swim when it's 70 and raining.... I can't say I do) I let the boys don their suits, dig in the sand, and dip their toes in the pond today. Having performed our ritual Last Swim and followed that up with the typical Bathing Suit Biking, I'm packing away the swimming gear until July 2010 when we can expect temperatures to once again soar to 70 degrees.
Pages
9.24.2009
Goodbye Summer
Though New York seems to think Summer means 70 and raining --every day for four months straight, we're still going to miss it, because Fall and Winter promise to be a lot colder than 70. So, to take advantage of what could be the last of "swimming weather" (if you like to swim when it's 70 and raining.... I can't say I do) I let the boys don their suits, dig in the sand, and dip their toes in the pond today. Having performed our ritual Last Swim and followed that up with the typical Bathing Suit Biking, I'm packing away the swimming gear until July 2010 when we can expect temperatures to once again soar to 70 degrees.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment