Thankfully, we choose our own happiness.
Happiness is not the result of circumstance or of the actions of other people. Happiness does not come by chance or by pennies flung at wishing wells. Happiness is the product of acting according to what one knows to be true. Thus, if you've recently been saying to yourself, "things around here have got to change", it's time to take a good look at yourself. Start acting more according to what you know is true. Try it out. You might first have to assess how you've been acting (or reacting, but if you've only been reacting, then there's your answer). It's more than plausible that you won't have to do a formal assessment. You likely already know how you could change. And even if you don't think you're the thing needing to change, I wish you luck in changing somebody else if they don't see you working on yourself.
If you're taking this to heart, little reader, or even feeling a little defensive, then great. Take it to heart. Go. Do.
We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails {Vince Lombardi}
But the truth is that I'm writing this for me. (How selfish, I know.)
Because I've had enough of some things. For one, I've left Sacrament Meeting in frustration one too many times. And I'm tired of feeling less than accomplished at the end of the day. Which doesn't mean I'm about to do more necessarily. Maybe my ideas and goals need to be adjusted. Or maybe I simply need ideas and goals. All I can say right now is "things around here have got to change." I'm going to change them. Because I choose my own happiness.
And because I want to be the best mom for these guys:
You have no idea how much I needed this. Thank you.
ReplyDelete