Pages

10.22.2009

there will be more laughing today

Julia came over for lunch. She and my boys sat at my kitchen table, playing with play dough as I finished up food preparations. I could tell that my boys thought Julia was something pretty spectacular. You should have heard them laughing. They laughed and laughed like they were being tickled. She wasn't even touching them. After lunch, Nolan whispered in my ear, "Can I play again...With her?"

Julia isn't a child, she is my friend, but she sure knows how to be fun for a child. After she left, I was still thinking about adjusting my sails, and I knew that I desperately need to be more fun. I want to hear laughter from my boys. Daily. Hourly. And not just when their dad gets home. I want to make them laugh like they're being tickled without even touching them.

No comments:

Post a Comment