A Glimpse of the Finger Lakes
One thing I absolutely love about the Burg are the views. There are all kinds of beauties here, but today I would like to briefly touch on just two --Seneca and Cayuga.
The Finger Lakes are a chain of more than 7 north-south running, fresh-water bodies lined up neatly across much of Upstate NY. Seneca and Cayuga proudly sit together in the middle, the longest and deepest of the bunch. Situated along the hills between the two are a string of small villages. And when the inhabitants of these villages travel from place to place or within the limits of their own towns, they are constantly catching glimpses of these two lakes from high up on the hills. Oh my, those glimpses are like a piece of heaven, or at least a good reminder of what heaven might be like. Sometimes when I see even a small patch of lake from between thick rows of trees, I think perhaps this is why my ancestors settled here and never left.


Quit makin' me homesick!!! It's not nice... j/k ;) I love your pictures!
ReplyDelete