Pages

10.05.2009

Hey Lady, What'd You Do This Weekend?

This weekend, I heard beautiful truths. I listened with ears that hear and a heart that knows and understands. For that I was blessed immeasurably.

I was enveloped in warmth and filled with a peaceful assurance.
I experienced deep gratitude for and recognition of many, many blessings.
I knew, again, that I am a daughter of God, that I am loved, and that I am here to do something great.
I wondered if what I know is always reflected in what I do.
I understood more what is important and what is not.
I felt encouraged and more hopeful about living in what appears to be a failing world.
I acquired increased courage to continue working and accomplishing, serving and lifting, learning new things and acquiring new skills, creating beauty and planting seeds, teaching my children and building a family --even amidst such uncertain conditions.
I felt greater desire to love my husband, my children, my parents, my siblings, my friends, the strangers in my community, and the strangers across the world.

This weekend, I heard beautiful truths and they uplifted my spirit. They filled me with increased faith.
Faith casts out fear and motivates action. Do more. Do better. Be something. Faith offers comfort and security --as it is acted upon.
My faith was bolstered and enlarged. All. Weekend. Long.

So now I need to go and do and be.

No comments:

Post a Comment