Pages

1.13.2010

birthday burn-out




These three are all the help I could ask for ...in my never ending battle to stay on top of life/anniversary/holiday celebrations. (yes that is cake batter covering the area surrounding his mouth and believe me, it did make it onto the cat before the end of this episode)

Sometimes I feel like a year off from all observances would really do me some good.  It seems like every other week throughout the entire year supplies an occasion or two for a feast, a cake, or decorations.  Or all of the above.  Nevertheless, I press forward.  There are good reasons for celebrating.

With 500 birthdays in the month of January, I end up making and eating a lot of cake.  I really enjoy making cake.  I also enjoy eating cake.  But by the third party in a week, sometimes I start to feel overwhelmed.  Thank goodness I have such loyal helpers.

No comments:

Post a Comment