Pages

1.03.2010

Retrospection

I'm still alive.  A little bit slow and not so punctual, but still alive.  So here we have a look at the good of 2009 (because I only want to live the bad once, you know).
Ahem.                                                             
2009

Gerret had carrot cake for his first birthday in January.  Yes, Gerret rhymes with carrot.  Now I've got that out of my system.  This year, I think he'll get chocolate.

It's been pretty amazing to watch him grow up over the course of 2009.  He has become quite the walking, talking, running, jumping, counting, surprising-me-every-moment little man.
Photobucket

Also in January, PTB celebrated a birthday and proved himself an old man with his inability to blow all his candles out at once.  He may never live that down.

Aside from spending the majority of February struggling to remain sane whilst confined to the indoors, we do have at least one other memory: a harrowing drive to Syracuse and some delicious entertainment.
Photobucket

Photobucket
We (well, I) dropped our camera in March.  It took photos that looked green and gooey for a few hours before we ran off and made the impulsive, yet highly satisfying purchase of our new camera.


April forgot the showers this year and skipped straight to 90 degree weather, the warmest we ended up seeing all year.

And this was in April:
Photobucket

May was all about recuperating from our post-winter insanity by spending every second possible outside.
Photobucket

I turned 25 in June.  Yikes!
Photobucket

PTB threw me a surprise birthday "extravaganza", a smattering of where I've been, what I've done, and who has cared.  It was so full of good memories and a sweet like only PTB can do.  Photobucket
We also spent a 24 hour period up north, away from our children, which was exactly the kind of relief I didn't know I needed as badly as I did.  Included in my birthday festivities was The Bike Mobile.  Thus followed a summer of freedom and adventure.
Photobucket
One last mention for June:  We celebrated 50 years of my grandparents' marriage with family and friends.  There's nothing in life better to celebrate than family and love.

Photobucket
Suddenly it was July.  We enjoyed Pageant, Independence Day, a visit from Jordan and Diana, and then suddenly it was time to hop on an airplane.

Thanks to that airplane (and a few more) we found ourselves in Spokane for the beginning of August, marked 5 years of marriage and ended the month with the 3rd birthday of our first-born son.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

With September came success in potty training and two puppy friends.Photobucket

This was October (for about two memorable days):Photobucket
Halloween this year saw at least one cowboy and one panda bear.Photobucket

The most important event in November was his haircut:
Photobucket

And then there was December.  Thank goodness because I am truly falling asleep.Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment