Pages

2.08.2010

Chocolate Cake

This is a "chocolate strawberry celebration cake".  It was featured on the cover of the recent print of Taste of Home.  I couldn't resist, so I made it for PTB's birthday.  A week later, Olivia asked me to make an exact replica for her birthday.  I jumped at the chance because, since Christmas, I have been more than eager to employ the beautiful cake-stand Mom gave me.  That, and I love chocolate.  Chocolate mingled with strawberries is even better.


If I made this cake a third time --and I am planning on it -- I would use Betty Crocker's (or another favorite) chocolate frosting instead of this one.  Also, I recommend having extra strawberries on hand.  A bite of cake + a bite of strawberry seriously tastes like chocolate dipped strawberries.  Yum. 

3 comments:

  1. YUM! I think I saw the cover of the magazine with that cake on it while in the checkout at the grocery store and thought to myself....hmmm...I wonder if I could make that. I think I may just have to give it a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness... that looks like THE PERFECT cake to make for Valentine's Day! Thanks for the recipe! Now I just wish I had a huge cake stand and all the ingredients.

    ReplyDelete