Pages

8.24.2010

This is What Happened During Nap Time Today

Gerret cuddled with his "fuzzy" pillow and quickly fell into a deep, 3-hour sleep.  
Nolan loaded his bed with books, dogs, a monkey, and three or four pillows.  
He came out five minutes later to use the bathroom (which I had requested he use before nap time, but he didn't.  Oh well.)
Five minutes later, he came out because he needed to give Cinder a kiss.  After kissing her, he announced that she wanted to sleep with him (he can read her mind) so I helped her into bed with him.
Approximately ten minutes after she went in, Nolan came out and claimed he was done sleeping.  I let him know that I was sure he hadn't yet gone to sleep.  When I helped him back into bed, I found the cat stretched across his pillow.  I suggested that she needed to come out with me, but he insisted that he was happy to sleep on the other end of the bed with a different pillow.  (Good thing he had stocked up on pillows earlier.)
Within a few minutes I heard his door creak open and quickly close.  Cinder trotted into the kitchen where I was trying to get some chores accomplished.
Five minutes later, Nolan came out for a drink.  I gave him a drink, tucked him for the millionth time, and told him that he could not come out again until he had taken a good nap.
He stayed in his room and came out at the end of twenty minutes because he "took a good nap".  Those were his words, not mine.
I told him he could stay up, but he needed to go into my bedroom and read books until I came to get him.
So he read.  Then he got out some scissors and made confetti.  
Then he got out the glow-in-the-dark paint.  Thankfully, he came to ask if he could use the paint before he squirted it anywhere. 
I set up the paint in the kitchen and had him clean up the confetti, then we both painted.
After painting got old, he made soup by mixing water into the paint.
We then took lots of pictures and got the cat involved.
As per Nolan's request, we made decorations for Love You Day. 
Nolan taped them up on the bench, window, table, and door.
Gerret woke up.  We said "Happy Love You Day!"
The end.



Love You Day Decorations

No comments:

Post a Comment