Pages

8.21.2010

Tribute to Fit Companions

 birthday card she made me 

I have a friend who I am starting to miss.  I have a friend who I've already shed a few tears over.
Because she is moving next month and I am anticipating her move.
Her schedule is packed -packing, preparing, making trips to get things ready.  That sign in her front yard is a sharp reminder.  FOR SALE.
It could not have been just coincidence that we ended up in the same small corner of the world for the same few years.  She was here right when I desperately needed a friend, an encourager, another point of view, someone to laugh with and work with on lonely days.  That she was right here -was not an accident.
There are people who come into my life just when I need them.  Even when I don't know I need them.  They are evidence to me that I am watched over.  They help me understand that my life is more intricately woven than I can see on my own.  They make me hope that I will be that for somebody else.  An instrument.  A sweet solace in what could have been turmoil.
That is what my friend has been.  A bit of sunshine.  How much I have enjoyed talks with her, appreciated her service to me, and felt honored to have been even a little sunshine in her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment