Raised red spots appeared at the base of my neck. Just a couple, but they provided enough discomfort that I knew it wasn't your ordinary mosquito bite. Next, a sprinkling of equally itchy bumps made themselves known on my right forearm. At this point, I thought I must have run into poison ivy on one of our excursions to the field across the road. I haven't had prior experience with any plant of the sort, so I googled poison ivy rash and compared. Seemed to be my misfortune, so I washed and waited. As the days progressed, so did the spots, up my neck, under my chin, then down my chest, shoulder, both arms, stomach... you get the idea.
There follows two weeks of itching and very little of my body that hasn't been touched and I'm not so sure it was poison ivy... or oak... or sumac. This I do know: it's not contagious (as only I have been affected), it seems to be influenced by heat, the spreading has not slowed yet, we don't have bed bugs, probably not chicken pox, and it is the itchiest thing I have ever encountered.
No joke. No exaggeration. The itchiest.
I had the exact same problem a few months ago, after two weeks of full itching, constant oatmeal baths, spreading aloe vera, and many other different home remedy creams all over, i finally gave in and went to Urgent Care, they told me to switch my laundry detergent and gave me a prescription for some steroids. It cleared right up. The rash looks just like mine did. Apparently with childbirth and changing hormones, you can become allergic to new things, especially stuff they put in laundry detergent.
ReplyDeleteHope the itching stops soon!
uh-oh! I have the same rash on both calves. I hope I am not pregnant, too! That would be wierd. Meanwhile...the itch is driving me crazy! I kind of think it might be some plant or grass allergy...contact dermatitis or maybe a pandemic the government unleashed on us and forgot to scare us about or push a vaccine on me.
ReplyDelete