Pages

9.11.2009

Around the Burg

Photobucket

Introducing: Life's So Sweet Chocolates

Trumansburg is not very big, yet somehow big enough to boast its own candy shop. And this isn't a shop that sells the overpriced chocolates of a faraway factory. No sir. Life's So Sweet Chocolates specializes in "classic and unique handmade chocolates". You heard me: handmade. They sell their very own, made-in-the-back, truffles, fudge, chocolate mint frogs, and dipped passion fruit. That list is not exhaustive. They always seem to have something new and mouth watering. Of the chocolate variety, of course. On my most recent visit, I tried their lavender white chocolate. It actually tasted a bit like the smell of lavender! Quite the experience. Another adventure I once had in this quaint shop was a sample of their aztec truffle -a snappy little chocolate featuring hot peppers. Don't worry, it isn't all "unique". This sweet shop offers something for everyone. Normal kinds of chocolate, cute shapes, organic made kinds, frozen treats, fancy jelly beans, wild adventurous chocolates and gummy candies. They also have a lollipop tree which is a main attraction for Gerret. All this contained in a tiny (but beautiful) store on T-burg's main drag. One of our favorite destinations on the bike mobile.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, so maybe you shouldn't move here...and I should move there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It only takes one trip to fall in love with this shop. When we lived in "the Burg", and my parents were visiting, I wanted to have chocolates from Life's So Sweet on their pillows when they arrived like they were at some fancy hotel. It didn't work out but we did get some samples of deliciousness while they were in town. My fav was something that had been spiced up a bit before being dipped in chocolate. I can't remember what it was. I think I might need to take a trip out there sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete